This article was published before the transition to the new Plan Administrator, Canada Life. If you have any questions, contact the PSHCP Member Contact Centre at 1-855-415-4414 (toll-free anywhere in North America) or 1-431-489-4064 (call collect if you are outside North America).
Sun Life will soon be introducing its latest website enhancement, Drug Look-Up. Starting April 1, 2017, PSHCP members will be able to use the Drug Look-Up tool to confirm whether they are covered for a specific drug. The new feature will provide members with to up-to-date, doctor-approved information on that drug, the condition it treats, and alternative medications. Drug Look-Up also will allow members to:
- Search a specific drug by name or by drug identification number (DIN);
- Obtain detailed information about a drug, its indications and clinical use;
- Find information about potential generic and/or therapeutic alternatives and cost-saving solutions;
- Confirm whether or not a drug is covered by the PSHCP, its average cost per prescription and the cost of any alternatives suggested; and
- Have the opportunity to review claims summaries for recent prescriptions.
The information provided by Drug Look-Up reflects the basic coverage under the PSHCP and should not be considered as a recommendation or treatment plan. However, by using the tool, PSHCP members will be better prepared for informed discussions with their health care professional about prescription medications. Sign in at www.sunlife.ca/pshcp to explore all of the benefits Drug Look-Up has to offer.