Claims must be received by Canada Life no later than December 31 of the year following the calendar year in which the expenses were incurred. For example, if you incurred expenses in July 2023, you have until December 31, 2024 to submit your claim. The Plan Administrator has no obligation to recognize claims received beyond December 31 of the year following the year in which the expenses were incurred.
The amount reimbursed is subject to the provisions of the Plan and co-payment, as applicable.
To be reimbursed, you must submit a PSHCP claim and provide any required supporting documents. Supporting documents may include:
- Bills and invoices;
- Pharmacy receipts;
- Itemized statements from a physician or other medical practitioner.
How to submit an electronic claim:
You must register on Canada Life’s Plan Member Services website and sign up for direct deposit. You will need your plan number and certificate number which you will find on your PSHCP benefit card or your Claimant’s explanation of benefits. You will also have to provide your banking information.
If you are already registered, you can submit a claim through both Canada Life’s PSHCP Member Services website.
To submit a claim online:
1) Sign in to canadalife.com/pshcp
2) Choose the appropriate claim type (e.g., health care, vision) and follow the steps to complete the transaction
There are several other web-specific features:
- Coordination of benefits: submit coordination of benefits claims between two Canada Life plans or submit the remaining balance of a claim already processed through another insurer.
- Positive enrolment: update your positive enrolment information.
Claims submitted online through Canada Life’s PSHCP Member Services website will be adjudicated, and if they are approved, any reimbursement will be deposited into your bank account within 24 to 48 hours. Some claims may require additional time to be processed.
How to submit a paper claim:
1) Complete the appropriate PSHCP Claim Form:
- If you have Supplementary Coverage, complete the PSHCP Claim Form. For expenses incurred outside of Canada, indicate the currency of your expenses. Your reimbursement will be converted to Canadian dollars.
- If you have Comprehensive Coverage, complete the PSHCP Out-of-Country Claim Form. Your reimbursement will be made in the currency of the country where you reside.
2) Attach supporting documentation (original receipts, bills, invoices, physician or practitioner statements, and/or questionnaires, etc.).
Please keep copies of your receipts, your completed claim form, and any other documentation provided. Originals will not be returned.
3) If you have Supplementary Coverage, send the claim by mail to the following address:
Winnipeg Benefit Payments
PO Box 99451 Station Main
Winnipeg, MB R3C 1E6
If you have Comprehensive Coverage, send your claim to MSH International:
PO Box #4903 STN A
Toronto, ON, Canada, M5W 0B1
Canada Life will adjudicate your claim and issue a Claimant’s explanation of benefits along with a cheque for your reimbursement, if applicable. If you have registered for paperless services, you will be notified by e-mail that your claim has been adjudicated and that you can view your Claimant’s explanation of benefits online. Your reimbursement will be deposited directly into your bank account (available in Canadian dollars only). You can register for paperless services and direct deposit by logging into your Canada Life account at canadalife.com/pshcp.